Hallam Mortgages are experts when it comes to finding you the very best insurance product at the best possible price.

Unlike some brokers, banks or price comparison websites, we aren’t tied to a single insurance provider. This means that we can offer completely unbiased and impartial advice on a range of insurance policies – from Buildings and Contents insurance through to Landlords cover for Buy To Let properties.

As impartial financial consultants, we can search through a range of policies from our extensive list of insurers to find the cover that best suits your requirements and of course budget.

You can rest assured that with Hallam Mortgages your insurance needs are in safe hands.

Buildings insurance

This covers the actual structure of your home. It will always include the main building and can be extended to cover sheds, the garage, fences, swimming pool etc.

If you are a homeowner, having buildings insurance in place would normally have been a condition of your mortgage. A good buildings insurance policy should cover you for fire, flood, subsidence, storms, lightning, theft or vandalism, escape of water and oil, and damage caused by falling trees, branches or other objects. We search far and wide for the best insurance provider to suit your needs.

Contents insurance

This covers practically everything within your home including furniture, household goods, food and drink, TVs, computers, clothing and valuables, usually up to a stated limit. This type of insurance is not compulsory and no mortgage lender can insist you take out contents cover however we strongly recommend this.

This policy pays out if any of your home contents are lost or damaged, following a burglary an explosion, leaks, fire  or vandalism, and also for accidental damage.

Many insurers cover the cost of replacing locks if your keys are stolen. Most policies may be extended to cover accidental damage or loss of valuable items you frequently take out of your home, such as jewellery, cameras and sports equipment.

Many people underestimate the value of their home contents. To get a clear idea of the sum to be insured, go through every room – including the loft, garage, cellar and shed – and write down what it would cost to replace every item at today’s prices.

Once again here at Hallam Mortgages we will go through all of this with you.

Landlord Insurance

A landlord policy is generally  for Buy To Let properties. Cover can range from Buildings and Contents, to rent guarantee, home assistance (for burst pipes etc.), legal cover or alternate accommodation if the property becomes uninhabitable for your tenant. Landlord Insurance is a specialist area – hence the level and scope of the cover offered can vary greatly.

Make a sound financial decision today

To find out more or to make an appointment simply call us on 01623 345750 or email